Classic Sour Dough Stuffing with Duck Fry and Duck Sausage
- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Package Pelleh Duck Bacon- Rough Chopped
- 2 Packages Pelleh Italian Sausage- Sliced ¼ inch
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrot Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Celery Finely Chopped
- 6 Thyme Sprigs Picked
- 1 Sprig Rosemary Picked
- ¼ Cup Chives
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock (low sodium)
- 6 Eggs
- 3lbs Day Old Bread Crumbs
1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2: Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, add the bacon and cook stirring constantly until just beginning to brown.
3: Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook until the vegetables soften and are just beginning to caramelize. Pull off the fire and allow to cool.
4: Combine the sausage, egg, stock, vegetable mixture, chives, parsley and bread in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly till the mixture is almost homogenous.
5: Place into a 9×13 pan. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer..