Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta topped with Duck Fry
- 6 c lightly packed basil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- ground pepper
- 2 red bell pepper halved lengthwise
- 2 yellow bell pepper halved lengthwise
- 2 yellow squash halved lengthwise
- 2 zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 c olive oil, plus more for brushing
- ground pepper
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp sherry wine
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 package of Pelleh Poultry Duck Fry
1: In food processor, mince the basil and garlic, then add the oil and process to a paste.
2: Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper
3:Brush the bell peppers, squash, zucchini and sweet onion with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables over moderately high heat, turning once, until charred and just tender. Discard the charred skin from the bell pepper.
4: Cut the grilled veggies into 1 inch squares (I made them smaller) and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and red onion.
5: In a small bowl, whisk the 3/4 cup of oil with lemon juice, parsley, vinegar, garlic, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, pour it over the vegetables and toss.
6: In a small pan, over medium heat put the Duck Fry in and cook it until its nice and crispy!! Remove and set aside.
7: Brush the bread on both sides with Duck Fat. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until toasted. (About 2 minutes) Spread the toast with a rounded tablespoon of pesto, then top with the grilled vegetables. Top with Duck Fry.